A section 184 letter question

Parents have agreed that a child will live with the father but the father is homeless. He has applied to the council for assistance. How can a local authority caseworker avoid a challenge on her section 184 letter? Continue Reading

How do you amend a court claim?

John Murray answers a question from a housing association on how and why you might want to amend your particulars of claim.Continue Reading

John Murray answers a question on ending a sub tenancy before the headlease expires

The problem about a sub tenant being in situ when the head lease is about to end …Continue Reading

Tenant given new tenancy after Sue Lukes’ advice

A question to Sue Lukes on eligibility where the tenant is subsequently given a tenancy agreement – so a good result!Continue Reading

Tenancy deposits – what if the tenant refuses to accept a refund?

Can a tenant prevent the landlord from using s21 (if he has failed to protect the deposit) by refusing to accept a refund of the deposit money?Continue Reading

Sue Lukes answers questions on eligibility

Eligibility expert Sue Lukes joins Easy Law Training and answers some questions on housing eligibility issuesContinue Reading

Local Authority employee housing problem

Our first question on the Talking Shop is about a school caretaker employed by the council whose accommodation comes with the job. Can the Council remove him from the property while heis still an employee?Continue Reading

Welcome to the Frontliner Blog

Here at the swish offices of Easy Law Training we keep getting asked a range of questions by housing staff in the public sector about their individual cases. Questions that leave everyone in the office flummoxed, blowing out their cheeks and staring into space hoping the right answer will come. So we decided to takeContinue Reading

Back to top

"Talking Shop"

March 25, 2019